Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 13th October 2020
Ready for the answers…?
- What position did Sir Robert (Bobby) Charlton CBE play on the football pitch
- What does GDPR, a European Union law, stand for?
General Data Protection Regulation
- What is Mufasa’s evil brother called in Disney’s ‘The Lion King’?
- In the film, ’Mrs. Doubtfire’, what is the real name of the dad (Robin Williams) who pretends to be Mrs Doubtfire?
- Which iconic American rock band did Dave Grohl drum for between 1990 and 1994, before he founded the Foo Fighters?
- The show ‘Changing Rooms’, originally on the BBC, is returning to TV on Channel 4. But do you know who is set to present it?
- What is as a percentage?
- What is the deepest part of the ocean called?
- In ‘EastEnders’, which character pushed Barry Evans off a cliff, to his death?
- Which county has the largest population, Cornwall or Devon?
- A virtual London Marathon was held on Sunday 4th October, how many miles is a marathon?
- Who said this well-known quote? – “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.”
- What cuisine is ‘pico de gallo’ usually used in?
- In the 1996 film, Romeo and Juliet, there is a famous scene that takes place at a fish tank. Can you name the song which played in the background during this scene?
Des’ree, ‘I’m Kissing You’
- What colour outfit did the Queen wear to Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall’s wedding?
- When did the first series of The Great British Bake Off (on BBC Two) air?
- What country is the giant panda native to?
- Who did the voiceover for the titular character of the ‘Shrek’ film series?
- How many types of Blue Peter badges is it possible to earn?
There are currently eight badges – blue, green, silver, orange, gold, fan club, music and sport
- What are the parents called from ‘The Addams Family’?
Gomez and Morticia Addams