Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 24th November 2020
Ready for the answers…?
- In what year was Margaret Thatcher elected Prime Minister of the UK?
- What is another more common name for an Alligator Pear?
- What are newborn rabbits called?
Kittens or kits
- Who wrote The Jungle Book?
- What does SCUBA stand for?
Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
- What was the name of the tower block where Del Boy and Rodney Trotter lived in Only Fools and Horses?
Nelson Mandela House
- @pontifex is which religious figures Twitter handle?
The Pope’s. “Pontifex” means a member of the principle college of priests.
- In what year did California officially become a U.S. state?
- Which planet was discovered in 1846?
- What’s the nearest galaxy to the Milky Way?
The Andromeda Galaxy
- How many years’ has the Queen been married to Prince Phillip?
- What colours are shown on the Mexican flag?
Green, white and red
- What is the second largest castle in the UK, and first largest in Wales?
- Which ground nut is typically used when making macaroons?
- In what year did the first ever series of ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!’ air?
- What does IPA stand for?
Indian Pale Ale
- How many miles is the Tour de France?
- What is the original thing people are meant to be giving thanks to on Thanksgiving Day?
- What date was Diwali celebrated in 2020?
- What is the capital of Tunisia?