Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 29th September 2020
Ready for the answers…?
- Who was the first lady to fly across the Atlantic?
- Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond series, also wrote which popular children’s book? (Clue, it was first published in three parts).
‘Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang: The Magical Car’
- What was Mr Darcy’s first name in the 1813 novel, ‘Pride and Prejudice’?
- What month of the year does Trooping the Colour take place?
- Which Princess has just announced (September 2020) that they’re expecting a child?
- Where does the Royal Family spend Christmas?
- Who was the first president to live in the Whitehouse?
President John Adams
- What’s the biggest diamond in the world called?
The Cullinan Diamond, also known as the Great Star of Africa
- Which book opens with the line, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”?
A Tale of Two Cities
- Who won The Great British Bake Off in 2019?
- Which astronaut hit a golf ball on the moon?
- Where on the human body would you find the papillae?
- What are three main ingredients in a Caprese salad?
Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil
- Which frozen gas forms dry ice?
- What dish was the iconic Deirdre Barlow (from Coronation Street) most famous for?
- Which body is the UK’s largest farm owner, with more than 1,500 tenant farmers?
The National Trust
- What was the highest grossing film of the 90s?
- Who painted the Sistine Chapel?
- Triskaidekaphobia, is a fear of what?
The number 13
- What does MOT (the vehicle test) stand for?
Ministry of Transport