Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 3rd December 2020
Ready for the answers…?
- In Roald Dahl’s ‘The BFG’, what is the name of the little girl that the BFG takes from the orphanage?
- What is the only mammal that can fly?
- What is the proper term for your funny bone?
- Name Snow White’s seven dwarfs.
Grumpy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy and Sleepy
- A ’Morkie’ is a dog breed – what are the two original breeds mixed to make this new breed?
Maltese and Yorkshire Terrier
- What name do we give to the study of fossils?
- How many sides does a heptadecagon have?
- What is the name of the church where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got married?
St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle
- Which star sign is represented by a lion?
- Which type of pasta’s name means “little worms”?
- In which century was the first ‘Grand National’ horse race?
19th century (1839)
- What are the names of the Duke of York’s two daughters?
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie
- What is the main vegetable ingredient of moussaka?
- According to the idiom, what do ”birds of a feather” do?
- What is the capital city of Bolivia?
- What colour is a giraffe’s tongue?
- Which TV detective lives in the village of St Mary Mead?
- Which famous British physicist wrote ‘A Brief History of Time’?
- Tom Cruise is an outspoken member of which religion?
The Church of Scientology
- One Direction is known for being the runners-up in The X Factor in 2010, but who came first?