Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 8th December 2020
Ready for the answers…?
- Who wrote the classic novel, ‘Frankenstein; or, the Modern Prometheus’?
- What is Elton John’s real name?
Reginald Kenneth Dwight
- Which event on 7th December 1941 lead to America entering World War II?
The bombing at Pearl Harbour
- How many times was Elizabeth Taylor married?
8 times; twice to Richard Burton
- What is ‘arachnology’ the study of?
- What is the capital of Belarus?
- What is the collective noun for ravens?
An unkindness, but also sometimes a conspiracy, a treachery or simply, a flock
- Do penguins live in the Northern or Southern hemisphere?
- What date was St. George’s Day celebrated in 2020?
- What food is tahini made from?
- Which band had an album called ‘Dark Side of the Moon’?
- In what year was the first iPhone released?
- What element is ‘Co’ in the periodic table?
- In which athletics event did Jess Ennis Hill win gold at London 2012?
- In rugby union, how many players are there on each team?
- In the zodiac, which animal is associated with Taurus?
- Which day of the week are British elections always held on?
- In which century was 1460?
- How many megabytes are in a gigabyte?
- What is a baby kangaroo called?
In Roald Dahl’s ‘The BFG’, what is the name of the little girl that the BFG takes from the orphanage?