Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 10th October 2021
Ready for the answers?
- How many zeros are there in a quadrillion?
- Who directed Michael Jackson’s music videos for ‘Thriller’ and ‘Black and White’?
- Qeru Chay is a village in which country?
- Which popular children’s novel did Dodie Smith publish in 1956?
The Hundred and One Dalmatians
- What side of the ship is the ‘port’ side?
- Which word can be placed before bottle, bell and bird?
- In which city can you find the famed Arch of Hadrian (also known as Hadrian’s Gate)?
- What is the state capital of Maine?
- Which horse won The Virtual Grand National 2020?
- Which Dutch painter painted the ‘Laughing Cavalier’ in 1624?
- What was the theme song for the American sitcom television series, ‘Cheers’?
‘Where Everybody Knows Your Name’, by Gary Portnoy
- In 1800, John Adams became the first U.S. President to live where?
The White House
- In which sport could someone be found at silly point?
- What is anthophobia a phobia of?
- Baklava is usually made using what kind of paper-thin dough?
- The Pritzker Prize is an award given in what field?
- What is a full house (also known as full boat or full hand) in poker?
A hand that contains three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank
- What is the most metallic element on the periodic table?
- In what year was the American horror film, ‘The Shining’, released?
- Which country did the U.S. buy the Virgin Islands from? (Bonus point if you can guess how much for in US dollars!)
Denmark (for $25 million)