Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 11th August
Ready for the answers…?
- In what year did ABBA win the Eurovision Song Contest?
1974- with Waterloo!
- Allium schoenoprasum is the scientific name of which plant? Clue: you can grow these yourself and use them in salads etc.
- In which UK city did the first ever Boots store open?
- What is the length of the River Thames (in kilometres)?
- How many tube lines does the London Underground have?
- A Monarchical Sculled Flows – Try to rearrange this anagram to find out which royal family member it is (format: first name, royal title)
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Who is the presenter of the popular game show, Tipping Point?
- What is the name of the wine region that Shiraz (also known as Syrah) originates from?
Rhône wine region
- Where are the White Cliffs of Dover?
- What is the name of the hit single Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan sang together?
Especially For You
- How old is Celine Dion?
- Out of green and black olives, which ones are ripened before being harvested?
- What is the national animal of Scotland?
- Who was the first monarch to use Buckingham Palace as their official residence?
- Which three mountains are recognised as Britain’s National Three Peaks? People usually aim to walk all three in under 24 hours.
Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, Snowdon
- Used within its slogan and marketing campaigns, when did Tiffany & Co. begin crafting fine jewellery?
- How many permanent teeth does a dog have?
- What actor plays Mr. Bean?
- Olympian Michael Phelps is best known for competing in which type of sport?
- What does HP stand for in HP sauce?
Houses of Parliament