Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 12th April 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What does PVC stand for?
- In what year was Gandhi born?
- What abbey ruins in England are said to have inspired author Bram Stoker’s novel, ‘Dracula’?
- When was Ernest Hemingway’s ‘A Farewell to Arms’ first published?
- Which celebrity is known for appearing in multiple Walkers Crisps TV adverts?
- What is the boiling point of nitrogen? A) −90 °C, B) −196 °C C), −298 °C
- B) −196 °C
- Which fashion brand did Marks & Spencer save from administration earlier this year?
- Which country did tea originate in?
- Which British monarch was US state, Georgia, named after?
King George II
- Artillery officer and British inventor, Henry Shrapnel, is famous for inventing what?
The exploding shell
- What is the French president, Macron’s, first name?
- What are West Highland White Terriers commonly known as?
- How do you say ‘apple’ in Spanish?
- In English Literature, what does onomatopoeia mean?
The naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound e.g. buzz, fizz
- What is measured in candelas?
- What is the capital of Tanzania?
- Who was Henry VIII’s sixth wife?
- When was Sir Alex Ferguson the manager of Manchester United Football Club?
- What colour is the easyJet logo?
- Who features with David Bowie on the cover of his album, Pin Ups?