Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 14th January 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Celebrity personality, Karl Pilkington, rose to fame with help from his friend, Ricky Gervais. Finish the title of his first travel documentary series: ‘An BLANK Abroad’.
An IDIOT Abroad
- What was the first flavoured crisp to be invented, other than plain salted?
Cheese and onion
- What are you scared of if you have siderodromophobia?
Trains or railways
- Who is the author of ‘Alice in Wonderland’?
- What is a hurdy-gurdy?
A string instrument
- What type of pastry is used to make sausage rolls?
- How many players are there on an Olympic curling team?
- Who wrote and released the 1962 soul/R&B song, ‘Bring It On Home to Me’?
- How many points is the pink ball worth in snooker?
- Which animal’s name means ‘horse of the river’?
- How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win during his basketball career?
- What are the highest-scoring letters in Scrabble?
Q and Z are both worth 10 points each
- What kind of animal is a barramundi?
- For which play did Shakespeare write the line, “If music be the food of love, play on.”?
- Which Surrealist artist painted ‘The Persistence of Memory’ in 1931? Hint – it’s the one with all the melting clocks!
- What do you call a medicine that has no effect?
- How old was Jack Nicholson when he played Garrett Breedlove in ‘Terms of Endearment’?
- The music and film retail chain ‘HMV’, is named after the record label that launched it, which was named after a painting of a dog listening to a gramophone. Do you know what ‘HMV’ stands for?
‘His Master’s Voice’ – the story goes that the dog in the painting enjoyed listening to voice recordings of his master who had passed away.
- From the base to the tip, how tall is the Eiffel Tower in metres?
- What’s the German word for ‘cheese’?