Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 14th July
Ready for the answers…?
- What is the name of the deepest and largest volume freshwater lake in the world?
Lake Baikal, in Russia
- What is the name of the native Malaysian fruit, very popular in Asia, which is known for being incredibly smelly?
- What is the best-selling album of all time in the UK?
Queen’s Greatest Hits album
- What is the world’s fastest high-speed train?
Shanghai Maglev train, also known as Shanghai Transrapid
- How many rings does the Audi car logo have?
- What’s is Superman’s real, human name?
- When is the term “bagel” used in tennis?
When the set ends with a score of 6–0
- Where was the first Formula 1 race held?
The first world championship race was held at Silverstone in 1950
- What is Athena’s (the Greek Goddess of wisdom, handicraft, and warfare) sacred animal?
- When England won the World Cup in 1966, who was captain of the team?
- If you cut a tree trunk and unveil its core, it will have circles in its stump – what do these circles tell you?
How old the tree is
- How many HM Passport Offices are there outside of London?
Six – Glasgow, Belfast, Peterborough, Liverpool, Newport and Durham
- What is the name of the founder of popular fast-food restaurant, KFC?
- When is the Queen’s birthday? Extra points for knowing the year Her Majesty was born too!
21 April 1926
- What year was the BBC founded?
- What are the only gemstones to come from a living creature?
- What two cities are currently the European Capitals of Culture for 2020?
Rijeka (Croatia) and Galway (Ireland)
- What is the height of York Minster (in metres or feet)?
- In what country would you find Machu Picchu?
- What is the national spirit of America?