Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 14th November 2022
Ready to check against the answers? Here they are!
- Which Annie Lennox song begins “I used to be lunatic from the gracious days”?
No More I Love You’s
- Who played the ‘Grand High Witch’ in the 1990 film adaptation of Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’?
- Which is the closest prime number to 100?
- Aegan Airlines in the largest airline of which country?
- What type of creature is a dugite?
- Of which British band is Tom Chaplin the lead singer?
- What is the capital city of Mozambique?
- Which American novelist’s works include ‘A Perfect Stranger’, ‘Fine Things’ and ‘Family Ties’?
- Which type of alcohol is added to coffee to make it ‘Irish’?
- Which actor is known for playing Older Jamal in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and Sonny Kapoor in ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’?
- How many pairs of chromosomes do humans have?
- What two colours appear on the Scottish flag?
White and blue
- ‘Thicken’ is an anagram of which other word?
- Which 1987 film inspired the term ‘bunny boiler’?
- In which year was the fall of Saigon and the end of the Vietnam War?
- Which football club plays at Pride Park stadium?
- Which sign of the zodiac is represented by the ‘water bearer’?
- Where is Sir Isaac Newton buried?
- After which Welshman was Mount Everest named?
Sir George Everest
- Who had a number one hit in the UK in April 2017 with his debut solo single ‘Sign of the Times’?