Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 18th March 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Name the two English counties that the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The Forest of Bowland, sits on.
Lancashire and North Yorkshire
- What is a baby swan called?
- How many pints of blood are there in the adult human body? A) 6 – 8 pints B) 9 – 12 pints C) 12 – 15 pints
B) 9 – 12 pints
- Only four copies remain of the original 1215 Magna Carta, one of the most famous historical documents in the world. One is kept at Lincoln Cathedral, one at Salisbury Cathedral and two at which third location?
The British Library
- What is The Beatles member, Ringo Starr’s, real name?
(Sir) Richard Starkey
- Which landlocked African country is sandwiched between Niger, Libya, Sudan, Cameroon, Nigeria and the Central African Republic?
- In what year was the American rock band Bon Jovi’s third album, ‘Slippery When Wet’, released?
- What language do people predominantly speak in Chile?
- In which film does actor Jack Nicholson say the famous line, “here’s Johnny!”?
- Who wrote the dramatic 16th century English play, ‘Doctor Faustus’?
- What orbits the nucleus of an atom?
- What is the capital of Estonia?
- What scale is most commonly used for measuring earthquakes?
The Richter scale
- Who voiced the fictional character Donkey in the Disney film, ‘Shrek’?
- What does ‘SWAT’ stand for?
Special Weapons And Tactics
- What is the more common name for Helianthus annuus?
- Can you name the world’s largest type of spider?
The goliath bird-eater
- In which city would you find the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain?
- Which English novelist was more commonly known by their pen name, George Eliot?
Mary Ann Evans
- Which English rock band’s third studio album was called ‘OK Computer’?