Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 1st August 2022
Ready for the answers?
- The abnormal fear of spiders is called what?
- Which band released the hit song ‘Radio Gaga’?
- Which continent is the coldest place on Earth?
- The first TV commercial for a toy aired in 1952, which toy was featured?
Mr Potato Head
- What type of vehicle does Robert De Niro drive in the title scene of a 1976 Martin Scorsese film?
- If you were born on the 27th of May, what star sign would you be?
- What does ‘RP’ stand for when referring to the accent of Standard English in the UK?
- What is the capital of Poland?
- Which hit song of the 60s started with the words, ‘I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you…’?
God Only Knows – Beach Boys
- Which sport is the subject of the 1993 film ‘Cool Runnings’?
- What word describes the habit of some bears for sleeping through the winter?
- In which English county is Charnwood Forest located?
- What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
- How many books are there in a trilogy?
- Who was the oldest member of the former pop group, the ‘Spice Girls’?
- What is the highest mountain in Wales?
- What was the name of the 2016 film sequel to ‘Finding Nemo’?
- In Morse code, which letter of the alphabet is represented by a single dot?
- Which two colours feature on the flag of Ukraine?
Blue and yellow
- Who plays the title character in the ITV comedy drama series ‘Doc Martin’?