Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 21st January 2021
Ready for the answers?
- In which year did infamous prison, Alcatraz, close?
1963 (March 21st)
- What grown food comes in ‘chicken of the woods’, ‘lion’s mane’ and ‘giant puffball’ varieties?
- Apollo 11 famously made the first moon landing on July 20th, 1969, but on which date did the astronauts arrive back on Earth?
- What is the name of the main theme song from the James Bond film, ‘Casino Royale’? (Extra point for who sang it!)
‘You Know My Name’ by Chris Cornell
- Edgar Hoover, the first director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), ordered his aides not to step on what?
- What is the collective noun for a group of frogs?
- Name all four train stations in the original game of Monopoly.
Marylebone, King’s Cross, Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street
- What was the title of Steven King’s first published novel?
‘Carrie’ in 1974
- In which year did the British animated television series, ‘Danger Mouse’, first air?
1981 (28th September)
- What was 2019’s most-visited city in the world according to Euromonitor International?
Hong Kong. Followed by Bangkok and London in 2nd and 3rd place
- Janet Jackson is the youngest of how many Jackson siblings born to Katherine and Joe?
- In which century were playing cards invented?
It’s believed they were created in the 9th century, during the Tang Dynasty
- Which royal family member attended the most engagements in 2019?
Prince Charles – he carried out 521!
- Which painter, inventor and scientist do historians and scholars often refer to as a universal genius?
Leonardo Da Vinci
- Which volcanic eruption caused what is thought to be the loudest sound ever recorded?
- Who was the president during the American Civil War in the 19th century?
- Which country was the filming of ‘I’m A Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here’ moved to in 2020?
Wales! More specifically, Gwrych Castle in Abergele, North Wales
- Which country was Mo Farah born in?
- Cher legally changed her name to simply ‘Cher’ in 1978, but what name was she given at birth?
- How many stars are on the national flag of China?