Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 22nd April 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Who is considered to be the main author of the Marvel Comics?
- What cuisine does panna cotta (a chilled, creamy dessert) come from?
- In golf, what does a ‘birdie’ mean?
Scoring one stroke less than the declared par of any given hole
- What is added to water to make tonic water?
- What kind of dog breed was Marley in the hit film, ‘Marley & Me’?
- What is a male cat most commonly called?
Tom or tomcat
- In the human body, what does the endocrine system refer to?
A series of glands that produce hormones
- In the periodic table of elements, what group do lithium, sodium and potassium all belong to?
- What can people with type 1 diabetes not produce or produce very little of?
- What do the ‘M’s’ stand for in the confectionary brand, M&M’s?
Mars & Murrie
- A Cara Cara navel is a type of what common fruit?
- What country does the Vatican City belong to?
- Which popstar is the founder of the cosmetics brand, Fenty Beauty?
- Who was the author of the 1922 novel, ‘Ulysses’?
- How many points is the letter ‘K’ worth in a game of Scrabble?
- Sydney is the capital of Australia. True or false?
False (it’s Canberra)
- Which English rock band released the hit single, ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’?
- What artist is best known for a painting of his mother?
James Abbott McNeill Whistler
- What is American rapper, Jay-Z’s, real name?
Shawn Corey Carter
- What city named its airport after Marco Polo?