Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 25th May 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What does the ‘F’ stand for in John F. Kennedy?
- Which sportswear titan is named after the Greek goddess of victory?
- Chives are a member of which family of vegetables?
- How many novels are there in The DaVinci Code series?
- In a game of cards, what is a straight flush?
Five cards of sequential rank, all of the same suit
- A Kir Royale cocktail is flavoured with which liqueur?
Crème de cassis
- In what year was the Treaty of Paris signed to end the war of the American Revolution?
- Which popular cereal had the slogan, “Snap! Crackle! Pop!”?
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- What breed of dog features on multiple Dulux TV adverts?
Old English Sheepdog
- Where is F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsby, set?
- How many syllables does iambic pentameter have?
- What was the name of artist, Banksy’s, 2015 pop-up exhibition in Weston-super-Mare?
- What did Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds name their son who was born in 2020?
Wilfred (Lawrie Nicholas Johnson)
- What is the capital of Greenland?
- What was the name of the character that Kelsey Grammer played in the hit US TV series, Cheers?
Dr. Fraiser Crane
- What river flows through the city of Bath?
- Which British Prime Minister declared war on Germany in 1939?
- What is fior di latte?
A soft cheese (like mozzarella), made from cow’s milk
- Leningrad is now which modern Russian city?
- Who sang the James Bond theme song for GoldenEye?