Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 27th April 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What famous lane is the hit American TV series, ‘Desperate Housewives’, set on?
- What is the name of the best friend of cartoon character, Snoopy?
- What does an anemometer measure?
Wind speed, direction and pressure
- What is László Bíró credited with inventing?
The ballpoint pen
- Can you name the only American state that begins with the letter ‘L’?
- What is the traditional gift for celebrating a 15th wedding anniversary?
- Where was the business titan, Elon Musk, born?
Pretoria, South Africa
- Who played Freddie Mercury in the 2018 film, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’?
- Which Norwegian artist painted ‘The Scream’ in 1893?
- In what year did the Boston Tea Party protests happen?
- What is a baby turkey called?
- Complete the title of American singer, Meat Loaf’s, 1977 album, ‘[______] Out of Hell’.
Bat Out of Hell
- Which artist’s work was hung upside down in New York’s Museum of Modern Art for 47 days before it was rectified in 1961?
- What colour is chlorophyll?
- What is the chemical symbol for calcium?
- What is the name of the protagonist and narrator in the classic novel, ‘The Catcher in the Rye’, by J. D. Salinger?
- What type of animal is a Pudu?
Deer (the smallest in the world!)
- What currency did the Netherlands have before the Euro?
The Dutch guilder
- Who does the voiceover for Sheriff Woody in Disney’s 1995 film, ‘Toy Story’?
- The longest crocodile ever measured was 6.17 metres, but what type of crocodile was it?