Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 28th July
Ready for the answers…?
- The play, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, is based upon a story in the first book of the Bible – what’s the name of that book?
- How many independent countries are there in Africa?
- To what age did Benjamin Franklin live?
- How many British Academy Television Awards does Julie Walters have?
- Who plays David Platt in Coronation Street?
Jack P. Shepherd
- Can you name one animal which goes through the biological process, metamorphosis?
- What does the word “love” translate to in Italian?
- What is the name of the man that Princess Beatrice has just married?
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Which two letters represent silver on the periodic table?
- In Les Misérables, what is Cosette’s mother called?
- What is the square root of 625?
- In what year did Madonna release, “Like a Prayer”?
- Which monarch was known as the “Merry Monarch”?
- What is the capital city of Russia?
- What is the main herb in pesto?
- What is the famous phrase said to be used by Queen Victoria, but isn’t actually a phrase she used?
“We are not amused!”
- Which has the bigger population in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland?
Republic of Ireland
- At what age does a Jewish boy have his Bar Mitzvah?
- What is the birthstone for November?
- How far is the sun from earth (in kilometres)?
151.9 million km