Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 29th August 2022
Ready for the answers?
- What colour is amethyst?
- Who is attributed with the quote “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain?
- On which racecourse is the Grand National run?
- Who won the football World Cup in 1998?
- In maths, what is 4 cubed?
- The month of January is named after the Roman God Janus – but what did he have two of?
- What is the most common name for ascorbic acid?
- What is the capital city of Peru?
- In the 1982 science fiction film, E.T., what colour are E.T.’s eyes?
- What star sign would you be if you were born on the 1st of May?
- What do American’s generally call candy floss?
- The lotus is the national flower of which country?
- Who was the first famous non-royal to appear on a UK postage stamp?
- What colour is the circle on the Japanese flag?
- Who is the famous television presenter wife of Vernon Kay?
- ‘People’s car’ is the translation of which car brand name?
- Which actor played James Bond in the 1983 film Octopussy?
- ‘Myopia’ is a condition that affects which part of the body?
- In the classic thriller story, what are the first names of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
Henry (Jekyll) and Edward (Hyde)
- How many legs do butterflies have?