Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 29th November 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What word is used to describe the partial or complete loss of your sense of smell?
- Who painted the 1808 masterpiece, ‘The 3rd of May’?
Francisco de Goya (Francisco de Goya y Lucientes)
- Lomé is the capital of which African country?
- In an isosceles triangle, how many sides have an equal length?
- What is the longest river in Canada?
Mackenzie River (at 4,241km long!)
- How many red squares are there on a standard checkerboard?
- Which animal is traditionally associated with the Zodiac sign, Cancer?
- If a laptop costs £800 before VAT, and VAT is 20%, what is the total price of the laptop?
- What year were the Olympic Games hosted in the U.S. for the first time?
- Who co-founded the company, Microsoft, with Bill Gates in 1975?
- In which year was the first commercial flight?
- What kind of poisoning is known as ‘plumbism’?
- What female’s name is also the correct term for a female donkey?
- In Greek mythology, who was the last King of Troy?
- What is the fourth book in the Harry Potter series?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- What is the technical term for when a human bone bends and cracks only on one side?
- The Clio Award is an award given in which field?
- What alcoholic drink is made from fermented honey, yeast and water?
- ‘Morello’ is a variety of which fruit?
- Which organ is responsible for creating urine?