Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 4th April 2022
Ready for the answers?
- Before Tokyo, which city was the capital of Japan?
- Collectively, a group of crows is known as what?
- Which legendary Australian cricketer recently passed away at the age of 52?
- Which variety of apple is also a popular genre of music?
- Which city was awarded the UK Culture Capital in 2021?
- In 2006, YouTube was bought by which tech giant for $1.6bn?
- A nutrient that helps grow and maintain muscle mass is called what?
- Which actor starred in the films, ‘Interstellar’, ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ and ‘A Time To Kill’?
- What bird is the smallest in the world, weighing only 1.6 grams?
- Which ancient empire was famously fought off by a vastly outnumbered group of Spartan soldiers?
- How many hours ahead is New Zealand, compared to the UK’s GMT timezone?
- Since 2003, what has been the standard voltage for UK plug sockets?
- A series of video games that feature a moustached, Italian plumber is known as what?
- In the TV series, ‘Game of Thrones’, which iconic feature was made from hundreds of swords?
- Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier are grapes commonly used to make which variety of wine?
- In 2015, an advert showing thousands of colourful bouncing balls was promoting what product?
A TV (Sony Bravia to be specific!)
- What country north of Australia is part of the Commonwealth?
Papua New Guinea
- The periodic symbol, Hg, represents which element?
- Ragdoll, Korat and Balinese are all names for what animal?
- What does the ‘A’ in LASER stand for?