Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 6th September 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What does an orthopaedic surgeon specialise in?
The musculoskeletal system – the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles
- Who recently became the most successful British Paralympic athlete of all time?
Dame Sarah Storey
- What is ‘nephophobia’ a fear of?
- Which acclaimed American writer is the author of the narrative poem, ‘The Raven’?
Edgar Allan Poe
- What year did Harry S. Truman take office as the President of the United States of America?
- Who directed the 2004 box office film smash, ‘Million Dollar Baby’?
- Which country borders Chad to the east?
- What type of creature is an orb weaver?
- The clarinet is a member of which family of instruments?
- Which cocktail was made famous by the TV show, ‘Sex and the City’?
- What is the main zodiac animal for Scorpios?
- How many U.S. states share a land border with Alaska?
- Which high-school subject did Walter White teach in the hit series, ‘Breaking Bad’?
- Name the Queen song these lyrics have been taken from – “she keeps Moët et Chandon in her pretty cabinet…”
- Lusaka is the capital of which African country?
- Where does the dish goulash originate from?
- Who was the widow of Nirvana lead singer, Kurt Cobain?
- Which English king died in 1066, leaving no heir to the throne?
Edward the Confessor
- What are made and repaired by a cobbler?
- Who became the first Mayor of London in 2000?