Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 8th April 2021
Ready for the answers?
- In what year did Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, get married?
- In which US state was the American President, John F. Kennedy (JFK), born in?
- What does a barometer measure?
Atmospheric (or air pressure), which can be used to forecast weather changes
- Which French army officer and statesman is the Roissy Airport in Paris also named after?
Charles de Gaulle
- Which rock band released an album in 1991 with a cover image showing a baby swimming underwater?
- In English literature, what does the term ‘anthropomorphism’ mean?
Giving non-human things (like an object or animal) human characteristics, emotions or behaviours
- Who wrote the novel, ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’?
- How many prime numbers are there under 10? (Bonus point if you can name them all!)
Four (2, 3, 5, and 7)
- Which two seas does the Suez Canal link?
Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea (to the Indian Ocean)
- In the book, ‘The Metamorphosis’ by Franz Kafka, what does protagonist Gregory Samsa wake up as one morning?
A giant insect
- What was English artist David Hockney’s famous 1966 painting called?
- What animal is depicted on the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) logo?
The giant panda
- How many pieces are there in total in a game of chess?
- In which city would you find the Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of the Winds?
- What team does professional footballer Harry Kane currently play for?
- Are Jaffa Cakes legally considered a cake or a biscuit?
- What unit is power measured in?
- What is the real first name of actor Sir Sean Connery?
- Which American actor plays Iron Man in The Avengers films?
Robert Downey Jr.
- What causes the holes in crumpets?
Bubbles developed during fermentation of the batter