Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 8th January 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What was Victoria Beckham’s maiden name?
- What year was the original animated Disney film, ‘Dumbo’, released?
- Iodine and Fluorine are two members of which group in the periodic table?
Group 17, also known as halogens
- In the popular children’s novel, ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’, what is the name of the lion?
- Which member of the British royal family is former rugby player, Mike Tindall, married to?
- In netball, the position ‘WA’, stands for what?
- Which hardwood trees, endemic to Australia, are traditional Aboriginal didgeridoos usually made from?
- The 1984 hit song, ‘Together in Electric Dreams’, was recorded and released by British synthpop band, Human League. True or false?
False, the track was written, recorded and released by Human League’s lead singer, Philip Oakey, and Italian composer, Giorgio Moroder. However, Human League often play the song live.
- In which year was the Battle of Hastings?
- Name the main female character in ‘The Phantom of the Opera’.
Christine Daaé. We’ll give you a point for knowing her first name!
- In football, who is England’s record goal scorer?
- Who wrote the fantasy novels, ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’?
- Why are flamingos pink?
Because of pigments found in the shrimp and algae they eat. Flamingos are actually born grey or white!
- Which children’s author wrote the line, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”?
Theodor Seuss Geisel, also known as ‘Dr. Seuss’
- The Wars of the Roses were fought between which two houses?
Lancaster and York
- In which country is the region Transylvania?
- How old is Dustin Hoffman?
- In which year was the Coca-Cola Company founded?
- The month of January is named after which Roman god?
Janus, and aptly so. He has two faces so he can look into the future and the past
- How old was King Tutankhamun when he became pharaoh?
9 years old!