Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 9th August 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What is the longest muscle in the human body?
The sartorius – a long thin muscle that runs down the length of the upper thigh, crossing the leg down to the inside of the knee
- What is the U.S. state capital of Massachusetts?
- Which international brand has the slogan ‘X gives you wings’?
- Which city served as the capital of the Ottoman Empire?
- What is the chemical symbol for tin?
- What does a doctor of haematology specialise in?
Diseases of the blood, spleen and lymph glands like anaemia
- What is the word for ‘apple’ in Italian?
- Who is the lead singer of the American alternative band, REM?
- How many countries were part of the Soviet Union?
- What is Irish rock singer, Bono’s, real name?
Paul David Hewson
- Who is the current Prime Minister of Belgium?
Alexander De Croo
- What is the highest mountain in Greece?
- Who wrote the children’s novel, ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’?
Lyman Frank Baum
- How many runways does London’s Heathrow Airport have?
- What colour is the alcoholic beverage, Crème de Menthe?
- Complete the name of Elvis Costello’s 1977 album, ‘My Aim is [______]’
- Who directed the 1960 film, ‘Psycho’?
Sir Alfred Hitchcock
- What is Porphyrophobia a fear of?
The colour purple
- Which is the largest state in Australia by land area?
- Who invented the World Wide Web in 1989?