Skip To Content
Skip To Footer
A great recipe to make and decorate with the grandkids – why not whip up a batch ready for Christmas Eve to enjoy together!
- 510g/18oz plain flour
- 170g/6oz softened butter
- 150g/5oz soft brown sugar
- 280g/10oz golden syrup
- 4 tsp ground ginger (or more if you like it fiery!)
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Using a handheld beater, beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy, then add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.
- Once it begins to look like a rough crumb, use your hands to work it into a smooth dough. Pop into the fridge to cool for at least 10 mins.
- Whilst the dough is cooling, preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Line your baking sheets with parchment.
- Place the dough between two sheets of very lightly floured baking paper and roll to approx. ½ cm thick (or thinner if you like it crispy).
- Pick your festive themed cookie cutters and cut out your shapes. Repeat the process with any remaining dough.
- Place the shapes on the baking sheets, leaving room for them to spread slightly, and bake for 6-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy decorating with your children or grandchildren.
If you would like to discover some more of our festive recipes on our recipes page.
You seem to be using an older browser.
Please update your browser
to experience our website with better security and faster speeds.